Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Back to Blackberry House, and a Small Win

Hey folks! I hope you're all staying nice and warm and cozy. This has been the lamest winter in Dubai history. It hasn't even rained! We did have a small sandstorm yesterday - so much fun. I don't know about you, but I love getting my face blasted with sand when I go outside (not!)

This week I've been working on Plum Street Sampler's Blackberry House, which had been neglected since before we went away for the holiday (for my last progress post, click here). This is where I am now:


I've stitched more of the stems and leaves in the upper left, plus a couple more berries. I've also filled in the dark seeds of some berries on the right side. Here are some close-ups:



I also completely forgot to share this last week, but I won a small giveaway over at Mii Stitch's blog:


Thank you, Ingrid! It's so cute, I can't wait to stitch it. Such a lovely little gift waiting at the post office.

Lots of love,

15 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Glad it arrived safely & seeing now the Christmas card and you mentioning sandstorm made me laugh!!
Lovely progress on your project, the colours are just gorgeous.

Vickie said...

Love that bird Sarah. What a sweet gift from Ingrid.

Kerryp77 said...

Blackberry is looking lovely and congrats on the win too.

FlashinScissors said...

Lovely stitching, Sarah! Great progress. Congratulations on the win from Ingrid.

Linda said...

Nice progress and cute win Sarah.

Linda

Justine said...

A lovely win from Ingrid is much nicer than a sandstorm! I really like your Blackberry. The colours are so pretty.

Kaisievic said...

Congrats on your win and lovely progress on Blackberry House. P.S. I am having a giveaway at the moment, so please check it out.

Penny said...

Sandstorms don't sound pleasant at all. : ) I love the colors in Blackberry House! And congratulations on the giveaway win -- it's a cute one!

Pull the other thread said...

Your progress is really lovely, well done. What a lovely win from Mii!!

Bea said...

Terrific progress on Blackberry House and a lovely chart for your win.

Emma Louise said...

Lovely stitching and congratulations on your win!

Brigitte said...

So great to see how Blackberry grows.
Congratulations on winning this lovely chart from Ingrid.

Julie said...

The colours in Blackberry are so delightful.

Rachel said...

Beautiful stitching, I love that design!

Heather said...

Lovely progress congrats on winning!