Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Courage Sheep Update 12, and Back to Blackberry

Oh my goodness, it's been such a busy week! My sister is on vacation, so she swung by and spent a couple of days with us on her way from the States (where she's living now with my mom and our youngest sister) to Kuwait (where my third sister is living with her husband and new baby). And then  laptop, after serving me for 3-4 years, finally called it quits. It had been slowly dying anyway over the past few months, but it was time to call a spade a spade and go get a new one. So I did! And I'm absolutely in love with my nice new shiny machine, but the keys are slightly different, so my pinkie finger keeps hitting the "up" key instead of the "shift" key. This will take some getting used to...

Anyways, you're here for the stitching! Honestly it's getting harder and harder to find time to stitch, but I'm glad I'm sticking with it. It gives me something to do that is not baby-related. The problem is my son (now 10 months old!) has to be the worst sleeper on earth. I'm talking 45-minute naps, max. It doesn't give me a lot of "me" time.

Here's where I am on Blackberry House:


I managed to stitch another leaf and a couple of berries on the bottom. Also, I was looking at the berries I had finished last time at the top (you can see my last progress post here) and I just didn't like one of the colors. There were three little stitches on each one, kind of like highlighting the berries, but they were bright pink. It looked so strange to me and I decided last night that I couldn't live with it so I pulled them out. I don't know what I'll replace it with, but I'll figure that out later.


Also, some stitching on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Courage at 1200 stitches. I've finished the border!! Serious happy dance just for that milestone. Now I can concentrate on the fun stuff...


Lots of love,




13 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Wonderful stitching. Maybe a pale purple would work for the highlight? Glad to see you are getting in some stitching time even if it isn't very much :)

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful stitching! I like PTOT's idea of a pale purple, good luck with deciding what colour to use for Blackberry.

Vickie said...

Woo hoo! Always makes me happy when borders are DONE.

Summer said...

Wow! Very lovely stitching ♥

Irene said...

sono bellissimi, mi piacciono molto i colori che usi

Kaisievic said...

Keep at the stitching, my dear, even a few minutes a day can help with the "insanity" of life with a baby. How lovely to have your sister visit.

Bea said...

You're doing really well with your limited stitching time. Hooray for progress, especially the border.

Brigitte said...

It's so great that you can find time for stitching. It's so important to have some me-time every now and then. And in spite of having only little time for stitching you made some nice progress on your projects.

Julie said...

I always hold my breath when coming to the end of a border... will it match up or not?? Yours looks lovely and I do love the thread colours in the Blackbird Designs, hope you find a suitable colour to replace the frogged one.

Mii Stitch said...

I love the blackberry design more and more each time I look at it.
Great progress despite being busy :)

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

I love the blackberry design Sarah and I think the fact you can find time for any stitching at all is a huge achievement!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on Blackberry House, that's fun design. I like the idea of pale purple highlights too.
My older son was great napper but the younger one only slept when the pram was on the move, as soon as we set foot indoors he'd wake up again!

Heather said...

Great progress!