Thursday, September 8, 2016

Courage Sheep Update 7, and a Brand New, Super Delicious Start!

Hi folks! How's everyone doing? Things have been pretty good in the sandpit. I started sleep training with the baby a couple of weeks ago, thinking that it might work better now that he's eight months old. It seems to be working! I followed this really gradual method that appealed to me more than the harsher Cry It Out, and Baby's now at the point where he'll cry for about 5 minutes and then sleep for nine hours straight. Fingers crossed this sticks!

I've got a new start to share! I bought Blackberry House by Plum Street Samplers a year ago because I LOVED the colors. I got the GA and CC colors I needed, plus some 28 ct. Bone Jobelan fabric. Here's what I've done so far:


This is a completely stress-free, fun project. It's going to take me forever, I know, but I'm not going to worry about it. There's no weekly check-in or minimum number of stitches, I'm just going to stitch on it when I've got the time and I'm in the mood.


Speaking of weekly check-in, here's my progress on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Courage at 700 stitches. More on the border, and I finished the flower and stem on the left.


Happy xxx's,

13 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Best of luck with the new sleep schedule for baby. Blackberry House is just beautiful, look forward to following your updates. Lovely progress on your sheep virtue as well.

Mii Stitch said...

Sweet new start!
You're right, the colours look great :)

Penny said...

Glad the baby seems to be doing well with the sleep training. It makes a big difference when everyone starts getting their sleep. : ) Love your new project!

Linda said...

Nice progress on Courage Sarah. Love your new start.

Linda

Vickie said...

This is the first I have seen of Blackberry House. Wow! So pretty!
Hooray for sleeping!!

Kaisievic said...

So glad to hear that bubs is sleeping better - makes life better for everyone. Great new start (I have that somewhere in my stash, too) and Courage is coming along beautifully!

Von said...

Glad baby is responding to your new sleep strategy! Love your new sampler and progress on Courage!!

Brigitte said...

Oh Sarah, that's a great new start. What a sweet design. Somehow nearly all the PSS designs appeal to me a lot. It's a shame that I can't stitch all of them, lol.
Nice progress on the sheep piece. And great to read that your baby is now able to sleep nine hours straight.

Stitching Noni said...

Love your new start and your sheep :o)
Bet you're over the moon that bub is sleeping so well! :o)
Hugs xx

The Eskimo's Wife said...

I love the colors on your Courage piece. That is just lovely. I really admire anyone who can make sleep training work. I was hopeless in that department when my kids were little.

rosey175 said...

Stitching when you want is really the best way I think! It feels much better working on a piece without deadlines haha!. Blackberry House does have some lovely, soft colors.

And congrats on your sleep! :D

Heather said...

Lovely stitching and good luck with baby!

KimM said...

Lovely, lovely stitching, Sarah. I hope the little one slips into the sleep routine smoothly.
Hugs
xxx