Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Courage Sheep Update 6, and the Log Cabin Finish!

Another nap-time blog post! Super, super fast. Here's my progress on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Courage at 600 stitches. I've done more on the border and started the flower on the left. I realize these progress reports aren't incredibly exciting, but I like these tiny goals: I can totally finish 100 stitches a week, no matter how crazy the rest of my life is.


I got back home from Kuwait a few days ago, and got back to my log cabin mini-quilt (you can see my last progress post here). If you'll remember, the last time I worked on it I thought I might flip it because the images on two of the fabric strips turned out to be upside down. So here it is, all finished!


I had an awesome time putting this together, and I might actually make another one for my mother. I have no idea how to finish them off, though. I could get some backing fabric and quilt it up, or I could get it framed as it is. Ooohh, the possibilites!

Big hugs,

10 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely stitching and sewing Sarah :)

Vickie said...

What wonderful progress Sarah. I am glad you had a safe trip.

KimM said...

Lovely stitching - and what a great looking quilt! Well done.
xxx

CalamityJr said...

I like your small progress reports. They encourage me that every little X counts! Your log cabin is lovely; great choice of fabrics and colors.

Linda said...

Nice progress on Courage and the quilt looks great Sarah.

Linda

Justine said...

Your sewing is so pretty! Every stitch counts.

Brigitte said...

The possibilities with log cabin blocks are endless. This pattern is so versatile. And you chose great fabrics for your blocks.
Nice progress on your sheep virtues.

Emma Louise said...

It's coming along nicely :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice progress on the sheepie. The log cabin looks great too.

Heather said...

Beautiful progress I love the quilt square :)