Monday, August 8, 2016

Courage Sheep Update 3, and the Logging Continues

Hi everyone! Hope you're all doing well. I'm actually typing this up in Kuwait - I got here Thursday night and I'll be staying for another couple of weeks. My sister had her baby! We were a few days late because she had to be induced, but I'm glad to be spending time with them now. I brought lots of goodies with me, including the baby blanket I made, which was a really big hit!

We're all staying in my parents' house, and it's lovely. Lots of help with the two babies. I've had some time to stitch too:


My update on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL. This is Courage at 300 stitches. I've done more on the border, plus the little flower in the middle.


I've also got a progress shot of my log cabin. I didn't bring my sewing machine with me, obviously - I couldn't put this down last week, so this is a shot of what it looked like before I left:


I've actually realized that two of the strips, the red one at the very bottom and the green one second from the top, have been added upside-down. It doesn't matter with the others, but these two have images of people and toys that are now the wrong way up. So I might actually flip it around so that the top half is red and the bottom half is green.


Big hugs,

5 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Loving the lilac of courage, such a sweet design. You've made great progress on the quilt too. Have a lovely time with your family

Vickie said...

Courage looks great Sarah. Did your sister have a girl or boy?

Linda said...

Lovely stitching and quilt Sarah. Congrats to the new parents.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations to Sarah's sister! A cousin for your little one.
Good thing you noticed the direction of the fabric while you're still planning, good save!

Heather said...

Everything looks great! I would flip it :)