Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Peace Sheep Update 16, and More Starry Skies

Hi everyone! Just a quick little update today while the babe is napping. A bit more on Mary's Sampler:


I've finished the border along the top and stitched a couple more stars.

And I have a finish!


This is Peace, stitched as part of the Little Sheep Virtues SAL, at a little more than 1600 stitches. I just finished stitching the sheep and sewed on the little bird button at the top. This one really felt like it took forever to finish!


I need to take the Bunka brush to it and then finish it off so it can join my flock. Seven down, five to go!

Hope you're all staying cool/warm (depending on which part of the world you're in)! It's gross and dusty and humid all at the same time here. Sometimes I think I should work for the tourism board of Dubai :D

Big hugs,

14 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Pretty update and great finish Sarah!

Vickie said...

You amaze me with your progress even with your little man keeping you so busy! Good for you Sarah. No, I don't think they would use your catchy phrase about the weather in Dubai. ha!

Kerryp77 said...

Fabulous finish Sarah. The colours in Mary's sampler are lovely too. The U.K. Is just wet and miserable - well my bit anyway!

rosey175 said...

Hooray for your finish! :D I love the way the colors pop in Mary's sampler too. I had to look up a bunka brush. Is it a deadly weapon? It looks like a deadly weapon! Just imagine stepping on it in the night...! No, don't imagine that.

Linda said...

Congrats on the pretty finish Sarah and nice progress on Mary's Sampler.

Linda

KimM said...

Congrats to you....lovely progress and fabulous finish!
xxx

Justine said...

What a sweet finish - and your stars are just popping off that beautiful fabric on Mary's Sampler! I don't envy you in that heat.

Brigitte said...

I always love to see your updates, Sarah. Particularly now that most of your time you are busy with your baby. Nice for you that every now and then you find the time for stitching.
Congratulations on the Sheep finish. And nice progress on Mary's sampler.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the Sheepie!

I was watching the Cupcake Tower Record in Dubai on the news earlier today. What a great thing to be in the news for!

Julie said...

Cute finish, these little sheepies are so sweet

Wendy said...

Well done on the finish! It's very rainy here
Some days it's also too hot and humid for me but considering our temperatures only go up to about 24 degrees, i'm thinking that i would actually drop dead in Dubai!

Heather said...

Gorgeous finish and progress :)

Penny said...

Such a sweet finish, Sarah! And nice progress on Mary's Sampler, too.

Lulu said...

Beautiful stitching! Your yellow flowers really pop on the background fabric you chose. It is very hot and sticky where I live in Taiwan :)