Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Peace Sheep Update 15, and Some Twinkling Stars

Hi folks! Hope you're all doing well. It's officially the start of summer, but it feels like it's been summer here forever already. There is no end to this heat and humidity, and to top it off they just issued a sand storm warning! Just taking groceries out of my car and into the building makes me feel like I'm being baked alive.

Needless to say, I've been spending a lot of time indoors with the baby. He's six months old today! I can't believe it. He's growing up so quickly. He can already stay sitting by himself without toppling over, and you can just see how impatient he is that he can't walk or run or jump around. This is an active baby!

I've got some stitching progress to show for myself. First, Mary's Sampler:


I've put in a few more stars and extended the border down the left. I'm really enjoying this piece. I don't know why my pictures keep coming out so bright, though! It doesn't look this bright in real life.


And I'm so, so, so close to a finish with the Little Sheep Virtues SAL!


This is Peace at 1500 stitches. I'm about halfway through the sheep now. I'm stitching him with Wisper thread as I've done with all the sheep, but I decided to make this one tan, just to make it interesting. Too many white sheep in this series!


Happy xxx's,

11 comments:

KimM said...

Lovely stitching....I found myself smiling when reading about you little one. They are so precious. Try to stay cool.
Hugs
xxx

Mii Stitch said...

Ooh I so wish you could send us some of that heat & sunshine :)
Great stitching progress.
I really like Mary's Sampler!!

Vickie said...

Oh no. Your weather does not sound great. Your stitching looks great though!! Your little man is growing so fast. I like the tan Wisper.

Kerryp77 said...

Mary's sampler is lovely. Peace is so close to a finish and looks so sweet

Linda said...

Nice progress Sarah.

Linda

Kaisievic said...

Lovely stitching and so great to read an update on your little darling! Stay cool and stitch!

Penny said...

A sand storm sounds scary! Hope you and your little guy are staying cool. You are making nice progress on Mary's sampler, and I like that you changed the sheep to tan. : )

Brigitte said...

Half a year old is a little milestone in your baby's life, and the next will be when he can stand up and walk. Busy days ahead, lol.
Mary's Sampler looks great on the dark fabric. I love the colours on it.

Justine said...

Your stitching is lovely. That heat sounds oppressive! Hope you and baby are staying cool.

Heather said...

Lovely progress I love when babies are that age :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Six months! Wow!

Mary's Sampler is lovely and I like your idea of changing up the flock of sheep. They do come in all colours after all.