Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Peace Sheep Update 9, and Knitting Has Resumed!

Hello all! We're back! We got back from Japan in Saturday, and my husband had to go on a business trip on Sunday, so I've had my hands full settling back in. The baby did so well the whole trip, I was so proud of him. Just some crying when we were landing in Japan, because his poor little ears hurt. And his grandparents had the best time with him, so it was worth it for that alone.

Some knitting and stitching has been happening. A sweet lady on Ravelry sent me the yarn I needed, so I immediately picked up my needles when I got back from the post office. Here's the baby blanket now:


I'm close to being done, I think. I'm going to finish this row of coral, another row of white, and then finish it off with one last coral stripe. At least, that's the plan.


I've also managed to get some stitching done on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL. Again, I'd run out of a couple of colors, but the post office is near my LNS, so I rushed in and grabbed what I needed.


This is Peace at 900 stitches now. I've done more stitching on the border and the water. Slow and steady!


Happy xxx's!,

12 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Great little crosses and lovely progress on the blanket :)

Ariadne said...

Glad you are back and had a good time!Babys adapt well, we are the ones who are more afraid of travelling with them!AriadnefromGreece!

Vickie said...

You are making such good progress even with your little guy! Wow Sarah, I am impressed!

Linda said...

I love the colors in the blanket Sarah. Nice progress on the sheep.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

So pleased that you had a nice time in Japan with the proud new grandparents!

Nice work on your sheep too.

Kerryp77 said...

Glad you had a great trip. The blanket is looking lovely and slow but steady on the sheep

Kaisievic said...

So glad that your trip to Japan went well - lovely baby - great progress on your blanket and your sheep.

KimM said...

Happy to hear the trip went well. I remember my little one having some ear issues when flying....breaks your heart, I know. Beautiful knitting and stitches.
xxx

Heather said...

I'm glad you had a good time :). Great stitching!

Justine said...

Glad to hear you had a good trip and baby behaved himself for you! Your blanket is so bright and cheerful. Nice progress on the sheep too!

Brigitte said...

Welcome back, Sarah, and so nice to hear that your little son was doing so fine during the trip. He's a little world traveller, isn't he? And his grandparents must have been over the moon :)
Very nice progress on your knitting and stitching.

Julie said...

Your blanket is so very lovely.
How lovely for the grandparents to give {hugs} to the little one, such magical and special times.