Monday, January 18, 2016

The January Gifted Gorgeousness SAL

Well, this is a few days late, but life has taken on a new shade of crazy. We moved back to Dubai last week, and between taking care of the baby, unpacking, and doing normal human things like eating and sleeping, I haven't really had a minute to think.

But in an effort to feel like my usual self, here I am! Here's the first Gifted Gorgeousness SAL update of the year. This is Jo from Serendipitous Stitching's baby - we stitch on something that's been gifted to us through exchanges or giveaways, whether a pattern, kit, fabric, floss, whatever, and post on the 15th of the month.

For most of last year I was working on Prairie Schooler's Two By Two, gifted to me in an exchange with Emma from Emma's Bloglet a couple of years ago (you can see my last update here). This is what it looks like now. I stitched this a while ago, when I was still pregnant and had lots of time on my hands.


And it's done! The ark is done! Since my last update, I've finished stitching the waves and did all the backstitching. I can finally move on to stitching the animals! Well, not any time soon, but knowing that I can makes me feel better.


That's all for now, folks! I'll try to keep posting. It won't be nearly as often as it used to be, but at least it'll be something.

Lots of love,

17 comments:

Vickie said...

So nice to hear from you Sarah. My, that is a lot going on for you. The ark looks fantastic. Take good care and rest when you can!!

cucki said...

So sweet to hear from you...beautiful stitching..
Take care and rest a lot xx

Kerryp77 said...

It's a lovely finish Sarah, you'll have your new routine sorted in no time. I managed to get lots of stitching done when mine were babies. Take care. Xx

Wendy said...

It looks great! Hope your enjoying lots of time snuggling with the baby

Linda said...

Congrats on the gorgeous finish Sarah. Looking forward to seeing the animals.

Linda

Justine said...

That looks great! Nowe all the interesting bits are waiting for you when you get time to stitch.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. It must be nice to be back home again to get into more of a routine.
It's great that you managed to do the bulk of the ark when you had the time.
I expect you to stitch at least one animal per month to show us all for GG!

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress, especially with your busy life at the moment :)
Enjoy your baby & the little crosses!

Heather said...

Yay congrats! I hope things are settling down after the move that has to be tough with a new baby!

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

OH MY MY! That ark is BEAUTIFUL!
We just watched a whole documentary on an indoor ski place in Dubai ;)

Emma/Itzy said...

Yay! It looks lovely! x

Brigitte said...

Gerast to see a new post from you. And the ark looks absolutely great. Stitching the animals will be much more interesting, I suppose. All the best to you and the baby.

Kaisievic said...

I was wondering if you were back in Dubai yet, I hope that it has settled down a little for you now. Love your PS start, too.

Emma Louise Brown said...

I hope you are all settling in nicely :) Lovely finish!

KimM said...

Oh, CONGRATS on that wee one! So good to hear from you. Enjoy every second. You won't believe it now, but they DO grow up too fast. Lovely stitching, by the way.
Take care
xxx

Rita E in AZ said...

What a wonderful finish and the animals will go so much faster.

Наталья Раковец said...

Очень красивая работа!!!!!!!!!!