Sunday, November 22, 2015

Gratitude Sheep Update 9 (Finished!) and a Giraffe Emerges

Hey there! I hope you're all doing well and keeping warm. The temperatures have really dropped here, but we're staying nice and cozy. I love this weather - I get to wear all my pretty sweaters! Of course this year I've had to put my normal ones away and buy a bunch of maternity sweaters, but it's all right. I'm eight months along now! I can't believe it, it's gone by so fast. Only a few more weeks!

I'm trying to work on the baby sampler as much as possible to get it done in time. Here's my progress this week. First it looked like this:


And now it looks like this:


So I've completely finished the lion, stitched the little bird above him, finished the elephant's frame, and started the giraffe. I'm using the same blending technique on the red bits of the giraffe that I used on the lion.

And I've got a finish to show off! I shared my stitching finish of the Gratitude sheep a couple of weeks ago, as part of our Little Sheep Virtues SAL. Here's how I finished it off:


It's the same finish I used with Love, Faith, Simplicity, Hope, and Joyfulness, as a little pillow with twine around the edge. This is the backing fabric I used:


I took the time to fluff up all my sheep with a Bunka brush. Here's my flock of six all together:


Aren't they cute? I'm so happy with how they all look. I'm going to have a take a break from this SAL until I get back to Dubai, so it'll be a while before you see these sheep again!

Lots of love,

11 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great progress on the birth sampler. The sheepie collection look good too.

I has one summer pregnancy and one winter one. It was definitely more comfortable in the winter, baby keeps you warm!

Vickie said...

Woo hoo! Great progress Sarah.
Love the variety of sheep you made.
You are in the home stretch now. In no time at all you will be holding your precious son. :D

Kaisievic said...

Your flock of sheep look awesome and the sampler is coming along beautifully!

Justine said...

Your sheep look lovely all together! I love the simple twine you've finished them with, just perfect for these sweet designs.

The birth sampler looks gorgeous - not long now until baby is here! Wishing you a healthy last month of your pregnancy.

Heather said...

Oh wow Sarah I didn't realize you were that close already! As always your stitching is lovely and your finishing is great! Good luck getting the sampler done in time :)

Penny said...

It must be an exciting time for you and not long to wait now! You're making good progress on your baby sampler and I love your little flock of sheep!

Steph said...

Beautiful stitching. XOX

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful stitching!!

Emma/Itzy said...

Your sampler is looking great - fingers crossed you get it complete in time :) The sheep are adorable!

the Fairy Stitcher said...

very pretty finishes ♥♥♥

Brigitte said...

Oh great, you have finish-finished another sheep. And that whole bunch of sheep is just looking great.