Sunday, November 8, 2015

Gratitude Sheep Update 8, and a Solution to the Lion!

Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend. I haven't been doing much besides reading and stitching, so without further ado, here's how my baby sampler has been progressing. First it looked like this:


And now it looks like this:


I've finally solved the lion problem! I really didn't like the color that was charted (to be specific, I didn't like the DMC conversion I was provided). I loved the effect of the blended colors for the elephant's ears, so I looked back at the lion and decided to do the same thing. So instead of using DMC 347 (very red) by itself, I blended it with DMC 400 (a nice brown), and it's given me this great maroon color, much more subdued. So happy with this decision!

I also got some stitching done on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


Gratitude is done! I was supposed to make all the sheep white, but I thought that would be boring, so I used four different colors of Wisper thread. This is more or less 1600 stitches (I can't remember the exact number). I've also attached the cute little Gratitude button. Now I just need to fluff up the sheep and finish it off!


Happy xxx's!

12 comments:

Justine said...

Gorgeous stitching Sarah! I love your way of finishing off the little sheep in different colours, and the lion's mane looks absolutely perfect. Your sampler is really growing fast!

Cathy said...

I like your solution to the lion's mane and changing the color of the sheep also looks great. Congratulations on finishing Gratitude.

Vickie said...

I love the way the Wisper threads looks. Great choice.

Emma Louise Brown said...

What a good solution to the mane! Gratitude is lovely :) Which one will you be doing next?

Pull the other thread said...

Congrats on finishing Gratitude, love the different coloured sheep. The birth Sampler looks wonderful, your colour change is fantastic.

Mii Stitch said...

I love your take on gratitude. The different coloured sheep are excellent!

Penny said...

What a sweet baby sampler! And lovely stitching on Gratitude! Those sheep are cute ~ love that they are all a different color.

Sarah L said...

I love the different colored sheep. Your sampler is coming right along and looking great.

Emma/Itzy said...

Lovely stitching as always Sarah :)

Heather said...

Great job on the color conversion! It's looking great congrats on the finish!

Brigitte said...

Oh wonderful, Sarah, it looks so pretty, your finished Gratitude. And you found a great solution for the lion. These blended threads often give a special look to a project, particularly when there is a lot of solid stitching.

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous finish on Gratitude, Sarah - I love the different coloured sheep!