Sunday, November 1, 2015

Gratitude Sheep Update 7, and a Growing Elephant

Hope you all had a wonderfully spook-tacular Halloween! I had a great time - I spent all last week making cardboard tombstones and stringing "spiderwebs" all over the bushes and trees on our front lawn. We staged a "murder" at our garage door by stuffing an old pair of pants and making it look like someone had been "sliced" in half by the door. I had spooky sounds piping out of the window, and if there was a prize for spookiest house we would have definitely won it! I dressed up as a classic witch with the hat and full green face paint, and I had a ball handing out candy to little trick-or-treaters. Our candy supply didn't even last two hours - I had no idea there were so many kids in our neighborhood! We'll be better prepared next year.

Anyway, enough about Halloween. Onto some stitching! My baby sampler is growing and growing. A few days ago it looked like this:


And now it looks like this:


I've finished stitching the grass around the elephant, and I've started his frame and ears. His ears are the same color as the turtle's frame, a lovely blend of DMC 824 and 826. The effect is so pretty!

I've also got an update on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Gratitude at 1400 stitches. I've finished the grass and the first sheep, and I've started stitching the second. I'm using Wisper thread to stitch the sheep, as usual, and these little guys are going to look so sweet when I'm done!


Lots of love,

10 comments:

Justine said...

Beautiful stitching Sarah. Your baby sampler is really growing fast. Your Halloween decorations sound great!

Heather said...

Sounds like you had fun! Your pieces are coming along beautifully

Linda said...

Nice progress Sarah.

Linda

Kerryp77 said...

Great progress, gratitude is coming on so well as is the sampler.

Emma/Itzy said...

We didn't have one trick or treaters! Your projects are looking great xx

Vickie said...

You are getting so much stitching done. I hope you two are staying healthy and doing well. :)

Brigitte said...

You seemed to have had a lot of fun on Halloween with all the preparation and then with the little trick-and-treaters.
Great progress on your baby stitching project.

Pull the other thread said...

Great progress on your stitching projects. Sounds like you had lots of Halloween fun!

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress on your stitching Sarah.

KimM said...

Lovely, progress - I love seeing how the stitching adds to the delight of these projects with each post.
xxx