Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Love Sheep Update 8 (Finished!) and the September Gifted Gorgeousness SAL

Hello hello! How's everyone doing? I'm still settling in here, and eating my family out of house and home. Just kidding! I'm sure they love having a slowly growing pregnant woman in the house shoving Cheetos and doughnuts in her mouth all the time :D

Well, it's September 15th, so it's time for a Gifted Gorgeousness SAL update! This is Jo from Serendipitous Stitching's baby - we stitch on something that's been gifted to us through exchanges or giveaways, whether a pattern, kit, fabric, floss, whatever, and post on the 15th of the month (because it's 2015).

For the last few months I've been working on Prairie Schooler's Two By Two, gifted to me last year in an exchange with Emma from Emma's Bloglet (you can see my last update here). This is what it looks like now:


This is one piece I brought with me to the States, because it'll keep me busy for a while and doesn't require a lot of color changes, so it was easy to pack up. I'm at 2800 stitches now. More progress being done on the hull of the ship. It's really just brown line after brown line at this point...


I've also finished-finished my latest Little Sheep Virtues, Love.


I finished this the same way I did Faith, Simplicity, Hope, and Joyfulness, as a little pillow with twine around the edging. Here's the backing fabric I used this time:


I finished this up before I left Dubai - I wanted to finish as many pieces as possible so I wouldn't have to bring all my supplies with me. So here's my flock of five all together:


I love how they look! I'm going to need to find a nice basket or something to display them in.

Happy xxx's!

12 comments:

Heather said...

Great progress I'm sure they really do love all the food lol

Vickie said...

Your ark is coming along. The flock looks great together. So glad you are enjoying plenty of treats while here in the States. Take good care of yourself!

Pull the other thread said...

Sheep virtue looks wonderful. Lots of progress on Two by Two.

Justine said...

Your flock looks lovely! The ark is coming along nicely. Did you send me some of that fabric - it looks very familiar but I can't check just now...

Sheryl S. said...

Gorgeous sheep ornaments

Mii Stitch said...

The flock of sheep is lovely! What wonderful finishes.
Great progress on the Ark too.

Elfie said...

I really like your flock of sheep - they are so sweet. The ark is growing too.

Brigitte said...

Oh Sarah, what a lovely picture of all your sheepies you show here, such a beautiful series. And all these little pillows are gorgeous.
Nice progress on the ark. You are right, this chart will keep you busy for a while :)
Good to know that you are fine.

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

I love your flock :) Perfectly finished! And look at that ark..I've been out of reading blogs for the last couple of weeks due to working outside the home and your ark has grown incredibly!

DJ said...

Lovely progress on two by two! What a cute pattern! I love all the sheep virtues, and you've done a lovely job finishing them! Great job!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I only had five weeks maternity leave with my son but got loads of stitching done. It was supposed to be three weeks but he was two weeks late! I was so big by the end that I couldn't really do much else other than rest the stitching on my bump and crack on with it. I was stitching an ark too.

Kaisievic said...

Love looks wonderful and the flock of five are so gorgeous together. Glad to hear that you are feeling well. Are you planning to have the baby in the States or in Dubai?