Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Love Sheep Update 3 and Yet Another New Start

Had a pretty crazy day today, so I'm only just getting to this post now (I'm starting this at 11:40 pm). I've got this massive to-do list to get through before the end of August, when we have to leave for my sister-in-law's wedding. My main focus has been trying to get the baby's nursery ready, but honestly there aren't a lot of choices in Dubai for baby furniture. I've been searching high and low for curtains - CURTAINS, not some weird exotic obscure thing - and it's been basically impossible. The problem is the size of the window in the nursery. It's a balcony door, so it's huge, and they apparently only make nursery curtains in teeny tiny sizes!

That's my rant for the day. On to some stitching...

I have a new start! I'm just zipping through my stash. This is Never More, by Hands On Design and Just Another Button Company:


This is turning out to be a really fun stitch! I'm planning on turning this into a biscornu when I'm done. I'm basically halfway done already: I've stitched the shelves, most of the green jars, and the features on the skulls.


I've also made some progress on my Little Sheep Virtues SAL piece:


This is Love at 600 stitches. I've finished the flowers and the word "love" and I've already started the border!


That's all I've got to show today. Hope you're all doing well!

Big hugs,

13 comments:

Vickie said...

Maybe you could sew some curtains for baby's room?

Kaisievic said...

Yes, I agree with Vickie, you will have to get out your trusty sewing machine, I think. Lovely new start and Love is looking so good.

Emma Louise Brown said...

The curtain problem sounds annoying! Lovely stitching :)

Heather said...

Cute stitching :). Couldn't you order on Amazon?

Justine said...

I like your cute stitching - Love is very pretty!
I like Vickie's idea of making your own curtains.

Mii Stitch said...

Hope you find some curtains.... or as suggested, maybe venture in making some :)
Great new start, I'm looking forward to see your biscornu finish!!

Rita E in AZ said...

What a fun start that will make such a cute biscornu

Linda said...

Nice progress Sarah.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a cute design with the ravens.

I'd recommend blackout curtains for the Nursery, they really helped my boys sleep to a reasonable time in the morning!

Isabella Morais said...

I always think of Dubai as a place where u can find everything you need with great stores and places to go. Here we have stores were you can buy an specific fabric and they transform into curtains. I did this fo my son's bedroom.

Great projects you have. I miss stitching a lot...

XOXO Isa.

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Great new start and your new sheep design is looking gorgeous already! Ugh curtains - it's amazing how something so simple is so hard to find!

KimM said...

Love your stitching - especially the sheep…..good luck with the curtain dilemma.
xxx

Kerryp77 said...

I completely missed the news about the baby!!! Congratulations!!! Lovely stitching too, the sheep is so sweet.