Sunday, June 28, 2015

Faith Sheep Update 8 and a New Start

Hi folks! Thank you all so much for your sweet messages and comments on my last post. We're so excited! We haven't found out yet if it's going to be a boy or a girl, but neither of us has a preference. It's our first baby, and it's going to be the first grandbaby for our parents too. Conclusion: it's going to be spoiled beyond belief!

Some stitching news: I've got a new start. This is Liberty Belles by Little House Needleworks, gifted to me by Shirlee during our last exchange (so technically this would fit in with the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL - I'll have to remember that). Here's my start:


Not too shabby for a beginning. I've stitched up the Belle in the middle and the two stars on either side of her, and I'm working my way up the vine. I'm stitching this with all DMC floss, two over one on 18 count Cork linen, which is driving me absolutely crazy - the floss keeps folding under the fabric weaves. Other than that, I'm enjoying it. It's such a nice, happy, summery pattern!

I've also made some progress on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Faith at 1600 stitches. I've done some serious stitching on the border and I'm nearly done. One more week should do it!


All right, that's it! I've got a few chores to do around the house. My guests are slowly leaving: first my father-in-law a couple of weeks ago, and then my two sisters-in-law last week. Now it's just my MIL left, so it's gotten much easier to manage. Ramadan has been pretty draining on everything, so I'm no longer the only one taking naps! (Pregnancy is exhausting).

Happy xxx's,

10 comments:

Elisa M. said...

Oh so cute

Justine said...

Beautiful stitching as always! I love the red of your Belle. Make sure you get plenty of rest - you're growing a baby! So exciting.

Heather said...

Still so excited for you! Lovely stitching get it in while you can! Think of all the stitching you get to do for baby's room :)

Kaisievic said...

Beautiful stitching and I particularly love Liberty Belles.

Wendy said...

that's a nice new pattern. Are you still fasting during Ramadam or are you exempt?

Rita E in AZ said...

What a pretty new start for you.
Congratulations on your baby blessing news and take care of yourself.

Steph said...

Oh I love your new stitch! XOX

Mii Stitch said...

Love your new project :)
Great progress!

Brigitte said...

Your new project is so pretty and you made some nice progress on it. But I can understand that the over one stitching is sometimes a pain. I don't like over one stitching either but I love the effect of it.

Miamina said...

Lovely stitching! Make sure you take good care of yourself :)