Monday, June 22, 2015

Faith Sheep Update 7, Finished Knitting, and an Announcement!

Hi everyone! Lots to report here. First, I've finished knitting my scarf!


I've already blocked it, so it's nice and relaxed and ready for winter. This is about 60 inches long and 9 inches wide. I used two balls of Sirdar Crofter Fair Isle Effect, cast on 50 stitches on 4mm knitting needles, working it in stockinette stitch. I'm absolutely crazy about the colors, and I am so tempted to get more in different colorways. We'll see how my wallet feels about that...

I've also got an update on my Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Faith at 1400 stitches. Still steadily working on the border. The colors on this one are not my favorite, but I'm hoping it all ties in together when I'm done.


Things are still crazy hectic here. My father-in-law had to leave to Japan to get back to work, but everyone else (MIL and two SILs) are still here. To make things more interesting, Ramadan started on Thursday, which means everyone is fasting (Ramadan is to us what Lent is to Christians, expect we don't eat ANYTHING from sunup to sundown every day for a month). However, I'm not fasting this year, because...

(drumroll please)

I'M PREGNANT!!!

Some serious, hardcore happy dancing going on here. I'm already in my 13th week, but I was waiting to hit the first-trimester mark before I told anyone. My due date is mid-December, so I have a lot to think about and plan. I'm so happy we managed to move to a bigger place - just in time!

Extra-special blessings,

19 comments:

KimM said...

Oh, Sarah!!!!! What exciting news!!! I'm so happy for you. Take care - many hugs to you ( the soon to be mom) and me (old mom and now a Nanny).....
xxx

Heather said...

Oh that's so great congrats! Is it your first? Just think off all the baby clothes you can knit and all of the stitching you can do for their bedroom!

Lulu said...

Beautiful scarf and stitching and a big congrats on your "bun in the oven". I'm sure you will make a wonderful mother! Have fun picking out what birth sampler to stitch :)

Linda said...

Oh congratulations Sarah. That is such awesome news. The scarf is beautiful.

Linda

Preeti said...

Congrats on the great news !!:)
your scarf is very pretty !!

Annie said...

Congratulations! How exciting! Lots of baby-inspired projects coming up then...:))

Kaisievic said...

Oh, Sarah, I am so thrilled for you, how wonderful! That is so exciting for you and your husband. I wish you both every blessing for this new stage of your lives. Lots of love, Kaye

Vickie said...

Absolutely wonderful news Sarah! Congratulations!

Mii Stitch said...

Oh my goodness!! When I read the title I thought you might be expecting :)
Congratulations!!! I hope the pregnancy goes well & you don't feel sick or tired.
Love your scarf too... now you'll have to knit baby items :D

Ariadne said...

This is so great news my dear!Good wishes for you and your dear husband.Looking forward to more exciting news and following the development!AriadnefromGreece!

Wendy said...

Congratulations, that's such happy news x

Emma Louise Brown said...

Ooh! Congratulations! Take care in that heat over there :)

Terri said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Justine said...

Congratulations! Lovely news. Just think of all the baby stitching and knitting you can share with us now! Love your scarf.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations! I was hoping that's what the announcement was! Since you have recently moved and are already married Baby is the next big step!

Useful tip - choose a neutral birth sampler and stitch it while you are pregnant. Otherwise baby will not get one until s/he starts school!

Steph said...

Congratulations ^_^ That is beautiful news XOX

Brigitte said...

Oh Sarah, this is such exciting news. How wonderful for you and also for your family. Enjoy your pregnancy.

Lynda Ruth Bowers said...

congratulations on your pregnancy, how wonderful for you both. Maybe you will have a Christmas baby. big hugs to you love Lynda Ruth

Miamina said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news :)