Monday, June 15, 2015

Faith Sheep Update 6 and the June Gifted Gorgeousness SAL

Whew! It's been a busy few days, it really has. I've had house guests (my parents-in-law and two sisters-in-law) since Thursday, and we've been running around every day. By a strange coincidence, my work is closed this week for renovations, so I've been able to dedicate all my time to the in-laws.

It's June 15th! (Wow, how is it June already?!) So it's time for the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL June edition! This is Jo from Serendipitous Stitching's baby - we stitch on something that's been gifted to us through exchanges or giveaways, whether a pattern, kit, fabric, floss, whatever, and post on the 15th of the month (because it's 2015).

For the last few months I've been working on Prairie Schooler's Two By Two, gifted to me last year in an exchange with Emma from Emma's Bloglet (you can see my last update here). This is what it looks like now:


I'm at 1600 stitches now - doesn't look like much, does it? I'm so close to finishing the roof of the ark, and I can't wait to move onto a color that is not beige or brown.


I am a day late for my Little Sheep Virtues SAL Sunday check-in, though. I barely had time today to take these pictures while there was still light, and I had to wait all day (it's 9:10 already) to post this. Oh well. Here it is!


This is Faith at 1200 stitches now. I've gotten some serious progress done on the border. It's only two colors, so it's pretty quick stitching.


That's all from me today! I'll be going around seeing what you stitched on for June's Gifted Gorgeousness...

Lots of love,

10 comments:

Justine said...

Lovely update Sarah, you're making good progress with both of these. Hope you had a good time with your visitors.

Vickie said...

Great work Sarah! How neat that your time off worked out so very well with the family staying with you.

Linda said...

Great progress Sarah.

Linda

wishiwerestitching.sg said...

Great stitching! I love your choices of stitching. Awesome

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress on both projects :)

Miamina said...

Gorgeous progress on both projects! Well done :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month, even though you have been busy with family!

That is a very large Ark, I'm not such a fan of plain stitching but it's a good idea to get that part done first and then move on to the more interesting animals.

Kaisievic said...

Great progress update, Sarah, sounds like you are having lots of fun with your in-laws.

Brigitte said...

Good progress on both your projects. These houses - and in some way an arch is a house, isn't it? - always take some time until they are stitched, at least you need some patience, lol.
Good to know that you were enjoying the company of your house guests.

Marcy said...

They both look great. The ark is the type of project I like when I don't want to think much ;)