Monday, June 1, 2015

Faith Sheep Update 4, and Some Knitting!

WE'VE MOVED!!

*Pause for some serious happy dancing*

Yep! After a very long year of searching for the right place, packing, paperwork, financial squeezing... We've finally done it! I'm so happy, you guys. This place is so much bigger (we've gone from a one-bedroom apartment, to a three-bedroom), and I no longer feel like I'm being suffocated by our belongings. Things are still a complete mess (we only moved on Friday) and we still don't have sofas, but it's really coming along.

All right, enough gushing. I missed my check-in yesterday for the Little Sheep Virtues SAL, but better late than never! Here it is:


This is Faith at 800 stitches. I've finished the little house and started on the random flower pot on the roof.


I've also been knitting! While I was packing up my stash, I came across this yarn I'd bought nearly a year ago. One thing led to another, and I started a little scarf for myself:



The yarn is Sirdar Crofter Fair Isle Effect, and it's absolutely gorgeous. I'm loving it. I'm knitting this on 4mm needles, using a basic stockinette stitch. I'm not even done with the first ball of yarn, so it's going to be quite longer than this, and it's going to need some serious blocking when I'm done.

All right, that's all for now! I've got some bags to unpack and some laundry to do.

Happy xxx's!

15 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Happy Moving Day! I bet you are dancing around the new house singing "so much space! Look a bedroom, and another one, and one more!"

Vickie said...

I am happy that you are happy! :)

Linda said...

Congratulations on the move Sarah. Nice progress on both projects.

Linda

Clare - Aimetu said...

Oh huge relief and great news about the move - nice new start too :)

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Congratulations on the move Sarah! Beautiful stitching and that yarn is gorgeous 💜!

Jan Gartlan said...

Great news about your move. Enjoy your new space. I love that yarn. Such a pretty stitch also

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on finally having the space that want to have. Three bedrooms sounds so good and you can go from room to room and enjoy the space.
Nice progress on your stitching and a great new scarf you are creating here.

Mii Stitch said...

Congrats on the move, hope you settle down in your new home!
Lovely stitching as always :)

Wendy said...

congratulations on the move! I bet you're so happy it's over, moving is so stressful.

Kaisievic said...

So wonderful that you are in a lovely new home - I love the yarn you are using for your scarf - very clever.

Kaisievic said...

Hi again, Sarah, I am just looking at this wonderful yarn and I have found that it is easily available here in Australia - just wondering - how many stitches did you cast on for your scarf?
hugs, Kaye

KimM said...

Happy New Home to you!! I love, LOVED decorating our new home when we moved in (16 years ago). And I haven't stopped. Enjoy the ride. Love your stitching and your scarf. Pretty colors.
xxx

Justine said...

Congratulations on your move and all your new space. Now to start filling it with stash!
Beautiful stitching and I love that wool too.

Miamina said...

Yay! Wishing you and your family all the best for your new home! Well done on getting any stitching at all done with the stress of moving! I hope you settle in and enjoy all the space you'll have!

Steph said...

Happy dancing for you ^_^ That scarf is beautiful. XOX