Sunday, May 24, 2015

Faith Sheep Update 3, a Finish, and an Offer

Happy Sunday, everyone! Well, the moving is slowly forging ahead. The past week has been so busy: I've gotten the telecommunications company to come hook up the telephone, TV, and Internet. I had the furniture store guys screw in the curtain rods above the windows and put together the guest bed, the dining room table, and the chairs. That's all the furniture there so far. And then I had to get maintenance to come fix the water heaters (no hot water at all) and the air conditioning (please try to live in Dubai with no AC - it's only May and the temperatures are already in the 40s Celsius).

Since my job is really just to show up at the new apartment to let all these people in, and then wait around for them to finish, I actually have had quite a bit of time on my hands. First off, here's some progress on the Little Sheep Virtues SAL:


This is Faith at 600 stitches. Slowly stitching up the little house. I've finished the flower bed, put in the door and most of the windows, and stitched the rest of the brown.


I also have a finish to share with you. I finally made it down to my LNS and picked up some stuffing, so I can now show you the finished product:


This is Simplicity, which I finished stitching a couple of weeks ago. I finished it off the same way I did Hope and Joyfulness, as a little pillow with twine all around its edge. Since Simplicity is the 6th sheep in the series, which technically means it's the month of June (not that I'm paying attention to the order), I wanted to make it light and summery, so I chose this lovely backing fabric:


Here are my three sheep (so far!) all together:


Whew! This is turning out to be a long post, isn't it? As a reward, I wanted to offer you guys something. Someone gave me these recently, not knowing that I don't crochet. I've been clearing out some things in preparation for the move, and I found these and thought, I'm never going to use them.


These are two balls of Bernat Handicrafter, and the color is called Surprise. If anyone is interested in them, please let me know. I'd love to do an exchange for them.

Lots of love,

9 comments:

Pull the other thread said...

Great stitching and lovely finishes. Good luck with the rest of the move.

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Beautiful stitching and I ADORE the way you are finishing them! Hope all goes well with the move!

KimM said...

What lovely stitching - and your finishes - MAGNIFIQUE!!
xxx

Brigitte said...

What a lovely finished pillow you could add to the others. They are all looking so great.
Nice progress on the WIP.

Justine said...

I love how you've finished those pillows. So pretty! Hope you're settling in to your new home.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your Sheepie pillows look lovely, I think it's the way you stuff them nice and full and plump!

Miamina said...

Those sheep look awesome and the finishing is just perfect! Moving is annoying with all the little jobs that need sorting, but it'll all be worth it!

That wool looks really nice, sadly I don't do any crochet or knitting but I hope you find a home for it!

Kaisievic said...

Your three sheep look so lovely together as a flock. Congratulations on a successful move!

Steph said...

Such a beautiful finish. I love your sheep stitches. XOX