Sunday, March 15, 2015

Simplicity Sheep Update 2 and the March Gifted Gorgeousness SAL

Two SAL updates today! Firstly, because it's Sunday, it's time for the Little House Needleworks Little Sheep Virtues SAL update. Last week I started working on Simplicity, and here's my progress:


I'm at 400 stitches now. I've finished the birdhouse and the grass, and I've started stitching the word "Simplicity" along the bottom.


Secondly, because it's the 15th of March, it's time for the Gifted Gorgeousness SAL March edition! This is Jo from Serendipitous Stitching's baby - we stitch on something that's been gifted to us through exchanges or giveaways, whether a pattern, kit, fabric, floss, whatever, and post on the 15th of the month (because it's 2015).

Since I finished the piece I was working on throughout January and February (Bent Creek's Free Betsy) I had a rummage around in my stash and came up with a new project. I'm starting Prairie Schooler's Two By Two, gifted to me last year in an exchange with Emma from Emma's Bloglet:


I'm starting with the ark, as you can see. I found a rather large piece of 32-count Lambswool Jobelan in my stash, and I'm stitching this with the required DMC colors. I managed 400 stitches - not sure why I'm counting, it might just be habit at this point...


That's all I've got today! I didn't get much sleep last night - my brain would not shut down, so I ended up lying in bed until 6:30, when I finally dozed off - so I'm taking myself off to bed early.

Happy xxx's!

19 comments:

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely start Sarah, simplicity looks sweet too.

jocondine said...

Prairie schooler charts look nice. Noah ark is very popular on blogs this times. Just sewed a baby gift with this theme too. xxx

Justine said...

Beautiful stitching! Do you count every stitch you do? I would have no idea how many stitches are on each piece I stitch! Hope you get some sleep tonight.

Lija Broka said...

Wow your sheep looks gorgeous! I need to make myself update. I have managed to stitch last weekend 200 and never updated. Still need to put some time aside. But should be easier this week. I have a week off and up North visiting family (with my cross stitch of course).
Hoping mine will develop as cute (it is quite strange that sheep progress differently depending on the choice of colour that one picks to do first.)

Linda said...

Wonderful stitching and lots of progress Sarah.

Linda

Mrs Xstitch said...

wonderful projects ♥

Clare - Aimetu said...

Great stitching on lovely projects :-)

prettylittlethingsinabox said...

lovely start and I love the LNS one.. hope that one will progress soon. Happy Stitching Sarah

cucki said...

Great stitching my dear xxx

DJ said...

Lovely stitching! I have all the sheep virtues, I should pull them out again (I started them all on one piece of fabric and got sidetracked) you have given me incentive! Can't wait to see more of Two by Two!!

Marie said...

Beautiful stitching. I am going to enjoy seeing your progress on Two by Two ~ I love PS designs.

Mrs Milkybar Kid said...

Beautiful stitching, the sheep virtues are such sweet little designs!

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching Sarah :)

Hazel D said...

Beautiful projects.

Marcy said...

Both projects look great. Looking forward to watching Noah's Ark.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. The Sheep Virtues are very popular around the blogoverse. Arks are too! We must all love animals.

Kaisievic said...

Oooh, I must get back onto my Sheep virtues - Simplicity is looking great - which one shall I do next, I wonder?

Isabella Morais said...

I really like the color of the Jobelan. I have a piece of this fabric, but darker and I plan to use it someday :D isn't 32ct too little? I have no idea..is it equal to 14ct aida?

I'm sure that it's gonna be gorgeous!

XOXO, Isa.

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely stitching!
The Sheep virtues are just so cute :o)
Hugs xx