Thursday, March 19, 2015

Fourth Strip Done...

Wow, it's been a while since I posted about this particular WIP of mine, the gingham blanket I've been working on. If you'd like to see how it looked three weeks ago, you can click here. I finally managed to whip up another strip:


This is the fourth strip, so it's identical to the second one, knitted with Red Heart's Buff and Cherry Chip. I finished attaching it to the others this morning, so here's how it all looks together now:


I was honestly going to stop at this point, since it's now a nice even square, perfect for my little lap, but my DH has requested at least one more strip. You'll be seeing more of this soon, I guess!

I'm typing this up in a bit of hurry. As some of you may remember, my in-laws moved to Tokyo, Japan, last summer (my FIL is a diplomat). We've been busy with work and life and everything, so we haven't yet had a chance to visit. That all changes tonight! We're finally doing it! Unfortunately, it does mean that I have to wake up at 3 am to go to the airport, since our flight leaves at 5 am. My general philosophy when it comes to plane travel is to live in absolute denial while it's happening. I truly hate planes. But I'm excited about this trip! So we're going to be there for two weeks. No idea if I'll get any stitching done, but I think I'll pack something with me in case I get a few minutes alone.

Super excited!

13 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Fantastic! Enjoy your trip to Japan!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Have an amazing time in Japan!

cucki said...

Wow enjoy your trip my dear xx

Vickie said...

Your blanket is great!
Have a safe, fun trip!

Justine said...

Gorgeous blanket! Hope you have a fabulous trip xx

Justine said...

Gorgeous blanket! Hope you have a fabulous trip xx

Ariadne said...

What a dream trip!Have a great time and hope you will share photos!AriadnefromGreece!

Pull the other thread said...

The blanket looks great. Sounds like a great trip ahead! I hope you have an amazing time.

Linda said...

The blanket looks great Sarah and I love the colors. Have a fun trip in Japan.

Linda

Kerryp77 said...

Blanket looks fab, gave a great trip

Brigitte said...

This blanket will be gotgeous.
Have a wonderful trip and stay in Japan.

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous blankie and have a wonderful trip, my dear. We are hioping to go to Japan at the end of the year when we go to to Taiwan.

Rita E in AZ said...

Wonderful stitching. enjoy your trip and visit with family