Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Second Strip Done...

A couple of weeks ago I showed you all a new blanket I've been knitting up (you can see my start here). I had to put it aside for a little bit because the color I'd intended to use for the second strip was way too white and clashed with the colors. I placed the order for another color, it arrived, it was perfect, and we were back in business!

So here's the second strip all knitted up:


For this second strip, I used Red Heart's Super Saver in Cherry Chip (the mixed-color yarn) and Buff (a lovely beige that matched the Cherry Chip much better than the White did). And here are the two strips so far attached:


I'm doing this gingham-style, as you can see, so the third strip will be identical to the first, and the fourth identical to the second, and so on until I'm satisfied with the length. What do you guys think?

On a completely different note, I've started yoga! Yay! Very proud of myself. I've never had any real weight issues, but I've recently found out that I do have a health issue that's messing with my reproductive system, so I've been consciously trying to be healthier. I found this amazing 30-day yoga challenge video series on YouTube. Today is day 2 for me, and I can already feel it in my abs. Very motivated and can't wait to keep going with this! Motivation has always been the problem for me, as I tend to get bored and lazy very easily. Hopefully that doesn't happen this time!

Big healthy hugs,


13 comments:

Denise said...

Love the colors that you have chosen for your blanket!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Linda said...

The blanket looks great and the colors are perfect Sarah.

Linda

Ariadne said...

The blanket will be gorgeous but I wouldn't have that much patience as you to make it. I read the whole article where you got the idea from and it seems that it will take you a while to make. As for the yoga exercises it will be great for you I am sure. I am doing power walks every day and I really like it.AriadnefromGreece!

Heather said...

Looks great! If you don't mind me asking what were you diagnosed with? I have pcos which causes fertility issues among other things so if you want to talk just hit me up :)

Mii Stitch said...

You've chosen lovely colours for your blanket :) Can't wait to see it finish!

Kaisievic said...

The beige is a good colour choice, Sarah. So, are you doing the yoga challenge at home? Can you send me the link to the youtube yoga challenge, please? hugs, Kaye

Miamina said...

Gorgeous colours on the blanket!

Well done for starting Yoga, being healthy is never a bad thing, it's also great for mental health too (not that I'm suggesting you have any mental health issues!).

Shirlee said...

The blanket is looking beautiful already! What is the link to the challenge?

Wendy said...

that's a clever way to knit a blanket, it's going to look great!

Would you mind sharing the yoga link with me? I've been thinking that yoga would be a good thing for my depression, but I can't find any classes locally, You Tube might be a better way for me to learn.

Rita E in AZ said...

Your color choices are beautiful. I look forward to seeing more pictures of your progress.

Justine said...

Great colour choices for your blanket Sarah! I really love it. Good luck with the yoga.

Brigitte said...

Oh yes, I think that's a wonderful idea for a knitted blanket. An the colours you chose look gorgeous in that combination.

Emma/Itzy said...

The blanket looks great so far! Could you let me know which yoga challenge you are doing? I would love to try it!