Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Joyfulness Finish!

Hi everyone! I wanted to first thank you all for your sweet words. My husband is recovering very well and should be back at work soon. We both really appreciate your thoughts and prayers!

Now, I'm taking a little break from the Little Sheep Virtues SAL that Lija, Anne, Kaye and I are doing together. I am very proud of myself, though - despite the chaos of hospital runs and doctor visits and work, I did manage to finish off Joyfulness:


I finished it off as a little pillow, using a lovely backing fabric and some twine around the edge, the same way I finished off Hope. Here's the back:


It's not the same fabric I used for Hope. I didn't have anything appropriate in my stash, so off I went to my LNS to rummage in their fat quarter bin. I thought this red fabric was perfect!

Here are Hope and Joyfulness together:


Again, thank you all so much for your kindness. Normal life should resume soon!

Happy xxx's,

22 comments:

Юлия Бабенко said...

It is very beautiful!!
I like these colors )))

Caitlin D said...

So very pretty!

Justine said...

Beautiful! The colour of the fabric is perfect. Sorry to hear your husband is poorly. Hope he makes a quick recovery xx

Emma Louise Brown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Rita E in AZ said...

It's lovely stitching and a very pretty finish. Congratulations.

Ariadne said...

They look lovely together!AriadnefromGreece!

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely finish and I hope your hubby gets well soon x

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Sarah. Love the pillow finish.

Linda

Loir said...

Wonderful Little Sheep.

Emma/Itzy said...

Its a lovely finish :) So if you are taking a break from these what will you be working on instead? :D

Clare - Aimetu said...

Good news about your hubby, and lovely finishes :-)

Preeti said...

Lovely finishes:)
hope your husband recovers soon.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely finish, you found the perfect fabric for it! The twine is also a very sweet finishing touch :)

Vonna, The Twisted Stitcher said...

A perfect stitch and perfect finish! Love it! And a sweet duo together :)

Lija Broka said...

Wow! It is a proper finish! It will probably be quite awhile when I makeup mine into one. It is very neat and gorgeous, the red definitely suits. Sadly I missed the sunshine again to photograph, so will be putting reminders everywhere to make sure I do tomorrow.

Country Wife said...

Love the sheep, very nicely done.

Irene said...

bellissime!

snoopy said...

Awwww they are totally adorable!! Well done on the second finish....excited to see which one you guys do next!

Pull the other thread said...

Such a pretty finish.

Kaisievic said...

Great finish, Sarah.

Miamina said...

Beautifully finished! Well done :)

Glad to hear your husband is recovering well :)

Steph said...

Glad to hear hubby is feeling better. Beautiful finish XOX