Friday, December 19, 2014

See How They Run!

Oh, thank God, I thought this week would never end. It's been insane and awful. On Sunday, while grocery shopping, I left my cart alone in an aisle for two minutes while I checked the aisle I'd just left for something. In those two minutes, someone came along and stole a shopping bag I'd left in my cart. Two hours later, the store security guards, who'd left me standing at the entrance waiting for them, told me that the aisle I'd been on didn't have cameras so they couldn't help me.

As though that wasn't bad enough! The next day our bathroom water heater broke down and started leaking through the ceiling. By the time the plumber finished installing a new one and I'd finished cleaning up after him, it was 2am. Needless to say, at this point I really felt that if one more thing went wrong I was going to lie down in front of oncoming traffic... Thankfully nothing did.

Onto happier thoughts: stitching! I'm still working on Three Blind Mice.


I'm halfway through the little hill they're walking on along the bottom, and halfway through "see how they run."


Lots of love,

11 comments:

Sarah L said...

So sorry about the problems. We just had to buy a new water heater as well. Ours was just making horrible noises as it was slowly dying. Thankfully it wasn't leaking... What did decide to leak was the pipe on the wood burning stove as clouds insisted on dumping several inches of rain on our house!

The mice are coming along great. Thank goodness for the therapy of stitch time!

Mii Stitch said...

Oh dear, hope things will quiet down a bit for you.
Lovely update on your little crosses :)

Ariadne said...

I am sorry for the events happening! But well that's life so just relax!AriadnefromGreece!

Wendy said...

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear about these bad things happening. Hopefully it's all over now and it's all good from now on.

p.s. you've got word verification on. You have to tick a box, then a pop up appears and you have to type a number...

Linda said...

Sorry about the problems Sarah. Loving 3 Blind Mice.

Linda

Emma Louise Brown said...

I hope everything sorts itself out for you soon. Lovely update.

Shirlee said...

I likewise hope things sort themselves out soon. Life just throws these times at us every now & then, doesn't it. The mice look great!

Emma/Itzy said...

Sorry to hear about such a bad week, it always seems bad things come all at once :(

Fingers crossed you have some more good luck from now on! xx

Kaisievic said...

Sarah, that is no fun at all. Why would people do that? Pain about the water heater, we needed to replace ours a month back and this week we needed to replace our TV, our house telephone and our printer. What with the wedding, we are haemorrhaging money!!!!

Lulu said...

Your stitching is beautiful! So sorry to hear of your bad luck hopefully there wasn't anything too expensive in your stolen bag :(

Steph said...

Your mice are looking fabulous. SOrry things have been so tough for you. Sending lots of hugs your way. XOX