Sunday, October 26, 2014

Hope Sheep Update 8

Whew! It's been a crazy few days. The engagement party was on Friday, and it was a huge success. Photos are still pending from the photographer. I had to take a sick leave from work on Thursday so I could help organize and run last-minute errands for everyone. I was also at the airport literally every six hours (midnight, dawn, and noon) to pick up family members coming in. Friday involved a lot of running back and forth from the venue to finish decorating and then home to get ready and then back at the venue early to greet people. It was a lot of fun, but I woke up yesterday feeling like I'd been hit by a truck!

My parents-in-law have been staying at our little one-bedroom apartment with us during this insanity, so I haven't had more than a few minutes to myself. I did manage to squeeze in some time to finish another 100 stitches on the Sheep Virtues SAL I'm doing with Lija, Kaye, and Anne.


This is what Hope looks like after 800 stitches. Nearly done with the border along the left-hand side. Riveting stuff, I know.


My few minutes are up. My husband's leaving on another business trip tonight, so I need to get some laundry going and make sure he's got everything he needs.

Big hugs,



6 comments:

cucki said...

Lovely stitching dear x

Shirlee said...

Beautiful stitching!

Linda said...

Hope looks great. You are getting alot done on it.

Linda

Steph said...

It's looking lovely. I hope you feel less like you have been hit by a truck soon *hugs* xox

Wendy said...

glad to hear the party went well. not long now and you'll be doing it all again for the wedding! Will they have a long engagement? Is that traditional or will the wedding be soon?

The stitching is coming along nicely.

Mii Stitch said...

Beautiful stitching Sarah :)