Saturday, August 23, 2014

More Hoots!

Hey folks! How are you all doing? Hope you have some great plans for the weekend! It's going to be a quiet one for me, just catching up on sleep and spending time with the husband.

Ever since I finished stitching the Hoot biscornu, I've been working on the bonus pattern that came along with the kit - the Hoot fob. It was a super quick stitch.


I found an extra bit of 32 count Dark Cobblestone Lugana in my stash (it was the same color as the natural linen that came with the kit, and I wanted them to match) and I used the recommended DMC colors and the little green beads that were included in the kit.


Since this was such a quick and easy stitch, I think I'm going to experiment a little with the finishing. Why not, right? That way, if the finishing goes badly, I won't be heartbroken about losing the cross-stitching.

Wish me luck!

6 comments:

cucki said...

And so cute :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable finish Sarah. Great colors.

Linda

retdairyqueen said...

The hoots are so cute

Busy Lizzie said...

very cute

Lulu said...

It looks great Sarah! I can't wait to see what idea you come up with for the finishing.

Mii Stitch said...

Cute stitching! Can't wait to see your finish :)