Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Finish and a New Traveling Pattern!

Quite a while ago, I finished stitching a cute Bent Creek kit I'd received in an exchange, Land of Liberty. Here's what it looked like before:


I finally got some fabric to finish it off, so I sat down and got to sewing. So here's what it looks like now:


It turned out a little bigger than I expected, but that's okay. I had this image in my head of what I wanted it to look like, so I'm really happy with it!

All right, now that I'm done with the kit, I would really like to pass it on as a traveling pattern! Since it's a patriotic Americana chart, I'm going to make the draw in a month, on July 4th. How does that sound? That should give everyone who's interested plenty of time to enter!

And I wanted to make this even more fun. I thought everyone who passes the pattern on should include some goodies along with it. And those goodies should spell out something thematic, so I chose the word "FLAG." That's good, isn't it? It's not too "Americana," so anyone can join in. And I've come up with a bunch of different ideas of things that start with these letters, but I finally decided on the ones I'm sending:


So, of course, there's the Bent Creek "Land of Liberty" pattern. I'm also including some fat quarters of fabric (two F's!) in red, white, and blue; little (L - yes, I'm counting the adjective!) blue and red buttons; and an Americana (A!) hanging mini quilt that I found in a craft fair and thought would be perfect for this. All I'm missing is the G (a gift from Dubai) that I'm leaving a surprise.

So what do you guys think? Interested? If you are, here are a couple of rules:

1. Be a follower of this blog,
2. Have an active blog yourself (so you can pass on the traveling pattern!),
3. Leave a comment on this post.

There it is! And again, the draw will be on July 4th, so you've got about a month to enter.

Enjoy!

13 comments:

cucki said...

aww it so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
please count me in..
huge thank you
love xxx

Anne said...

Your finish is so pretty Sarah! The blue fabric is a perfect match with the lace. No need to enter me as I don't stitch patriotic designs...if it was a Canadian one...well :D Hugs!

Mii Stitch said...

Perfect finish really! Your fabric is matching the design beautifully and the lace is a nice little finishing touch :)
I'm not a fan of Americana designs so I'll pass on this TP. Your idea of the goodies is great too. I'm sure you will have plenty of interest.

KimM said...

Darling finish! And what a great idea for another traveling pattern. Since I was the lucky recipient of "Life's a Stitch", I won't put my name in the hat this time.
xxxx

Isabella Morais said...

awesome finish Sarah! I loved!
Your idea it's cool :D Wen I sent my travelling pattern I followed your example and sent some goodies together to Valérie :D

XOXO, Isa.

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Sarah.

Linda

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

What a pity that I can't take part! I am going to be in the States the whole of July and I'd love that Americana travelling pattern and all the other things but unfortunately I won't have time to stitch it!AriadnefromGreece!

Penny said...

I love your finish! And I would love to take part in the traveling pattern. :)

Jan Gartlan said...

Now that is SOOO sweet! Please include me.
www.threadgarden.blogspot.com

Kaisievic said...

Gorgeous finish - I just love it! Please count me in as am into Americana at the moment.

Kaisievic said...

P.S. Love the goodies ideas, too.

Denise said...

Land of Liberty is so cute- great finish!
I would love to take part in the traveling pattern!
Happy Stitching
Denise

Angela CG said...

What a beautiful finish. Count me in as a possible stitcher of this pattern.

Thank you,