Friday, May 30, 2014

Melon Semi-Finish

Now that the Quilt Show excitement has died down, I've had time to pick up my Melon Wedge again to finish stitching the rind. All the stitching is done now and I've just got the finishing-finishing left. I can't wait to put this together!


I went back to the LNS with the discount voucher that my husband got for voting (more splurging!) and bought some delicious yarns. Any excuse, right?


I couldn't get a good picture of all the color variation in these. They're Lang Mille Colori, and the color is just sumptuous. I'm hoping that buying the yarn will force me to learn how to knit socks, which I've been wanting to do for a while but haven't had the courage/time/energy.

Happy xxx's!

8 comments:

cucki said...

Yummy melon and your new wool
Is so
Pretty too
Hugs x

Wendy said...

such a cool melon! The yarn is lovely, but isn't it too thick for sock knitting?

Mii Stitch said...

Melon is looking good! Have fun with the finishing :)

KimM said...

Can hardly wait to see what you create with that gorgeous yearn - and the melon is PERFECT!
xx

Linda said...

Congrats on the adorable melon finish Sarah. Lovely new yarn.

Linda

Penny said...

Looking forward to seeing your melon all put together. Knitting socks is something I would love to learn to do. You've chosen some pretty yarn to work with. :)

Lumiruusu said...

There is already some seeds in the stitched melon-looks awesome .

Anne said...

Congrats on the finish!! Can't wait to see the full finish. Those yarns look wonderful and will be a pleasure to work with I'm sure :D Hugs!