Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Inching Towards an Umbrella Finish

Oh my goodness, I'm so close to finishing Falling Star's umbrella I can taste it! I'm absolutely determined to finish it off before I start another big project, so I'm soldiering on. Here it is so far:


More done on the never-ending umbrella, and I've stitched the word "falling" on the left.


A bit of personal news: my father-in-law, who's a diplomat, has been living in Yemen for about three years now waiting for his next assignment. That's how they do it, apparently: they send them out to a country for four years, but then they've got to come back home and spend a few years there before they're sent out again. My husband and his family have lived in Jordan, London, Berlin, Vienna... Anyway, they've just announced his next country, and it's Tokyo, Japan!! Everyone is so excited. They're moving there this summer, so I really hope we get a chance to visit them once they've settled in. That would be amazing!

What are your summer plans?

11 comments:

Shirlee said...

The finish line for Falling Star is near at hand : ) Your FIL has a great job & he will really enjoy Japan. Summer plans? My plan would be just to make it through to fall : )

KimM said...

The 'falling star' is looking so sweet! The finish is soooo close ;D) Japan - WOW!!!

Mii Stitch said...

Your project is so nearly finished! Your FIL has a great job but I would not be too tempted to live there personally. I hope you get the chance to go & visit him and that the move & everything goes well for your family. My summer plans are far from being this exciting: avoiding WASPS (horrible things) and with a bit of luck a trip home to France, fingers crossed! Have a lovely day Sarah

cucki said...

It's looking so sweet..I love it so much..
Big hugs x

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely work Sarah, Japan, wow!!! I hope you get to go

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

Oh yes isn't it great to be able to visit relatives and friends abroad? You just have to miss them most of the time the rest of the year! Bytheway I will be thankful when this umbrella finishes reallY!LOL!AriadnefromGreece!

Kaisievic said...

Hi Sarah, your FIL certainly has an interesting job! Tokyo would be fascinating to visit for a few years. I do so hope that you get to go there. Falling Star is looking so good. No winter plans for me although I do go to Sydney for three days to conduct workshops for teachers in the first week of June. So, that will be a change of scene!

Mouse said...

ooooooooooooo way to go girl :) I can almost see the finish line ... and great news re your FIL and hope you manage to get out to see him :) love mouse xxxxx

Lumiruusu said...

You have been a very busy needleworker and wil finish this lovely piece vry soon!! It looks very pretty! Greetings from Finland!

Wendy said...

sooooo close. Get off the computer and get stitching! Oh wow, Japan! I'd love to visit Japan

Isabella Morais said...

Aw, I see that it's almost done! It's gonna be so so pretty at the end!

:D

Have a nice weekend!