Monday, February 17, 2014

Compromises and Finishes

Bent Creek's Land of Liberty is done!

I said in my last post that the kit hadn't included enough of the dark green DMC 935 and that I'd run out. Well, I couldn't find any pearl cotton at my LNS, and I didn't think ordering it internationally would be warranted for the missing green vine on the right, so I just substituted six strands of normal cotton DMC. What do you think?


I think it worked perfectly! You really can't see a difference. I know it's different, and I can only tell if I put it right up to my face. Anyway, I had a lot of fun with this kit! It's such a breeze to stitch up. Now to figure out how to finish it...

Many xxx's,

12 comments:

Wendy said...

it looks great! I've examined it and can't find where you used the floss instead of the Perle

Mii Stitch said...

It's ever so pretty with or without Perle thread! :)

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Sarah. I can't tell the difference in the floss. It looks great.

Linda

Denise said...

I think it looks great and I love the colors.
Happy Stitching
Denise

Lulu said...

What a beautiful finish! I can't tell the difference on your threads :)

Kaisievic said...

I can't tell - it looks great! I love the bluebirds.

Shirlee said...

I can't tell any difference & it looks beautiful! You could have probably written to the company & told them about the lack of thread & they would have most likely sent you more, but you did a great job of substituting!

Rita E in AZ said...

What a pretty finish and you are so right - "You really can't see a difference". I look forward to seeing how you decide to finish it too.

Isabella Morais said...

It is perfect for me :D Cute cute!

Myra said...

I think it looks great!

Ariadne Skyrianidou said...

It looks lovely, don't worry!AriadnefromGreece!

Steph said...

I think it worked perfectly too. It is such a sweet stitch. XOX