Thursday, October 10, 2013

Summer Holiday Exchanges

I haven't blogged in a week! Yikes! I do have very good reasons, though: I had a last-minute visitor (my sister), the last of my training and observations (which went really well!), and visiting my husband in a city two hours away, where he's been forced to work and live for the last two weeks (and the next two months!). Needless to say, all stitching has been put on hold.

I did manage to take a trip to the post office. Ingrid over at Mii Stitch organized a Summer Holiday Exchange a few months ago, and I drew Cucki, and Judith (no blog) drew me!

Ingrid let us run wild: no theme. That gave me a few ideas, but I finally landed on this one. This is Witch & Friends, from an old Leisure Arts magazine. Cucki's always stitching up little Halloween ornaments, so I thought I'd add to her collection! I stitched this on 14 count khaki Aida, backed it with black fabric, used a simple black ribbon to hang, and attached two little black safety pins to the corner. Very rustic!


I also included a couple of charts, some DMC floss, an embroidery hoop, and some cardamom-flavored Arabic coffee. I hope she liked it all!

And here is what Judith made me, a butterfly pincushion with really vibrant colors:


She also sent me a German book of cross-stitch charts, a collection of Friendship heart charts from Cross-Stitch Crazy, and some HA thread, which I've never heard of but looks really cool.


Thank you, Judith! I love it all. And thanks to Ingrid, who organized it all!

Big hugs,


8 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

What a lovely exchange, I'm so glad it all went well! Love the ornament you made for Cucki & adore the cushion made by Judith! The blue colours are amazing :) Take care x

cucki said...

awwwwwwwwwww super exchange gifts..my sweet halloween sweetie is hanging on my stitchy chair and it is with me always..
coffee is truly so yummy...
sending you big hugs dear friend x

thegreytail said...

what a lovely exchange! you chose a really funny piece, and that coffee looks so tasty! :)
happy xxx, I hope you can get to do some eventually!
chiara

bledina said...

Lovely exchange gift!!!! Your funny little Halloween-ornament is sweet and I love the blue colours of the butterfly cushion.
Take care
Edina

ariadne said...

I took part in the same exchange and really loved it!I absolutely love the colours of the butterfly!Is this filter coffee?AriadnefromGreece!

Linda said...

Beautiful exchange Sarah. I love the piece you stitched.

Linda

Steph said...

What a lovely exchange ^_^ That is such a lovely stitch for Cucki and a beautiful treat for you too. Arabic coffee?!? Yum!! That thread does look amazing! I look forward to seeing what you create with it.
XOX

Lija Broka said...

Love the Halloween stitch!