Monday, August 26, 2013

Quilt Square 49

Now that the excitement of the traveling pattern is over, I've had time to pick the American Flag Quilt back up!


Ooh, so close to the end now! This newest block is New Mexico. The Land of Enchantment (pretty name, right?) was admitted to the union on January 6, 1912, making it the 47th state.


Only three more states! I've got quite a bit of other stitching to do too, though, before it's done. Looking forward to it - I love stitching on this piece!


In other news, I've managed to get a job interview for tomorrow morning with Berlitz, a worldwide language learning center. I'm really excited about this opportunity, and fingers crossed that the interview goes really well! Here's a video of a commercial they did a few years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk9ukdMkN2c

Wish me luck!

11 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Love the New Mexico block! Good luck for your interview x

Shirlee said...

Best of luck on your interview Sarah! Your American Flag Quilt is looking great! Just 3 more squares ... how exciting!

cucki said...

So sweet..I love it x

cucki said...

Good luck for your interview dear xx

kuki said...

que original!!! bonito bordado y ¡¡suerte!! en la entrevista
saludos

Linda said...

Good luck Sarah. Congrats on another state done.

Linda

Steph said...

Great stitching and wish you loads of luck
XOXOX

Kaisievic said...

Best of luck for your interview - I am sure that you will ace it! It is funny that you have just done New Mexico - the land of enchantment - TraderVic and I were just watching Breaking Bad last night and they had a Welcome sign that said that . Coincidence seeing it written twice in less than 24 hours!

Mouse said...

ooo good luck and paws crossed for the interview and well done on the stitching front tooo :) love mouse xxxxx

bledina said...

Good luck with the interview!!!!!!!! THe flag is beautiful!

Jan Gartlan said...

My fingers are crossed for you. The flag is very pretty