Friday, July 5, 2013

Bits of Biscornus

Hey everyone! Well, my sister's been keeping me crazy busy. Over the past week we went to the Dolphinarium, the beach, shopping, rock-climbing, to the water park... It's been so much fun, though! And it's been good to catch up with her. I left home for college when I was 17 and she was 7, so we never really got a chance to get to know one another. She goes back home tomorrow, and the apartment's going to be very quiet without her.

Anyway, there have been pockets of quiet time this past week, and I managed to stitch up another biscornu. Haven't put it together yet, though:


I found the design here, on Pontos e Cruzinhas, for free. It's so pretty and colorful! It's definitely small, though. It's only about 3.5 x 3.5 inches - half the size of the two I just finished.


Bit of worrisome news: a few days my husband found a lump on his arm. He went to the doctor and was told he needed to have surgery to remove it. Once they remove it, they'll run some tests and found out if it's benign or not. I've been trying to keep calm so far, reminding myself that as of now there's nothing to freak out about. The surgery's on Sunday - they'll tell us the exact time tomorrow. I don't know yet if my husband will have to spend the night at the hospital. I guess that depends on what time the surgery is and how long it takes.

Wish us luck!


11 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely little biscornu! Glad you had a busy lovely time with your sister! There is also 10 years difference between me & my sister & I can fully understand your situation. My sister was right in her teens when I left for UK, so we missed out on the sisterly going out bits too. No panic for your husband news. Just wait & see to find out what it is. It could be something as silly as an abcess or whatever. Wishing you all the best for Sunday xx

meggie said...

A lovely design.
Fingers crossed for you and your husband that all is well.
Sounds like you had a great time with your sister.

Shirlee said...

So glad you enjoyed getting to know your little sister : ) Your new stitch is lovely! I will be praying that your husband will be okay.

Kerryp77 said...

love the design so bright. Glad you've had a great time with your sister and fingers crossed for hubby.

cucki said...

So beautiful...
Sending lots of prayers for your husband.
Keep well xxx

Linda said...

Another colorful biscornu. Sending hugs, prayers and happy thoughts to you and your husband.

Linda

Lulu said...

Beautiful rainbow biscornu and also positive thoughts to you and your husband!

Rita E in AZ said...

Your biscornu is so pretty.
Take care

Kaisievic said...

Best wishes, Sarah, for your DH - I am sure that all will be fine. Lovely stitching on your biscornu.

Some good news for you from me - hopefully this will cheer you up a little bit. You are the winner of the Travelling Pattern giveaway! Yay! I have your address so I will post it tomorrow or the next day.

lots of hugs, Kaye

Dani - tkdchick said...

I'm sending positive thoughts out for your husband.

What a fun, colourful biscornu!

Steph said...

That is going to be a beautiful biscornu,I love the colours, like a rainbow. Sending you hugs and hoping all is well for your husband and you.
XOX