Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Knit, Knit, Knit

I have definitely been bitten by the knitting bug - look how far I've come on my WIP blanket!


My husband took one look at this and went, "Why did you put another purple line?" I don't think he gets where I'm going with this. I'm going to do another cream section now, and then a light blue and a dark blue. We'll see how it looks!


I'm going to have to wait until later to do that, though. I tend to get bored of working on one piece for too long (which is why it's taken me so long to work on the American Flag Quilt!).

Now that work is over for the semester, I decided that this week was going to be my big blowout every-six-months mega cleaning. It's exhausting! We've only got a one-bedroom apartment, but it's amazing how much junk you can collect in just a few months! So that I wouldn't get too physically drained, I decided I'd dedicate a day for each room. By far the most tiring is the kitchen - does anyone else feel that way? It's all the cupboards that have to be emptied out and cleaned, the fridge, the oven, the microwave...

Smelling "weirdly like soap" (again, my husband),

7 comments:

Kaisievic said...

I love the purple stripes - it is looking really good. Good luck with the cleaning.

Lulu said...

Your beautiful blanket is coming along wonderfully! It looks like it feels soo soft :)

cucki said...

Wow it is looking so lovely x

ariadne said...

Spring cleaning is a nuisance but so obligatory!Otherwise we will be flooded with junk!I need decluttering very very quickly!But I too get very tired. So I too do little by little each day!AriadnefromGreece!

Kerryp77 said...

oh yes the cupboards do take so long.
the blanket looks lovely and you've sone so much so quickly too.

Linda said...

Great progress on the blanket Sarah. You can come and spring clean for me when your done. lol

Linda

Steph said...

Looking very nice indeed. Ohh yes! the kitchen can be a toughie!
xox