Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Cross-Cultural Biscornus

Here are the biscornus I worked on during my vacation:


Well, that's just the front side of them. I found the pattern here. The two designs are supposed to be for the front and back of the same biscornu, but I thought they were equally pretty and wanted to make one biscornu for each design.


It's also supposed to be a Norwegian design, but it reminds me a lot of Palestinian embroidery (here's an example of what I'm talking about). I figured that would appeal to people here, so I made them with the next craft fair in mind.

So all I've got left to do is stitch up their back sides and put them together!

In other news, my baby sister (not such a baby anymore, she's 17) is coming to visit me today! She'll be here for a little more than a week. I'm super excited, since she hasn't been to visit me for more than a year now. I'll try to get some stitching done while she's here, but I'm not promising anything!

Big stitchy hugs,

9 comments:

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

love the colour combination on this, very pretty design too - Amanda

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely & bright biscornus!! Have a lovely time with your little sis'

cucki said...

looking so sweet..
have a fun time with your sis'xx

ariadne said...

What lovely things are made in Sunbula!Thanks for sharing!AriadnefromGreece!

meggie said...

Beautiful stitching, lovely colours (:

Jan Gartlan said...

Such pretty designs. Is your sister crafty too? Have a fun time with her

Shirlee said...

Lovely designs! Have a fun time with your baby sister : )

Linda said...

Love both designs Sarah. Such pretty color combos.

Linda

Cheryll said...

Wonderful stitchery... and I hope you have FuN with your sister while she is visiting! :)