Friday, May 31, 2013

Quilt Square 43

I have been so ridiculously busy at work. This past week was the final exam, which of course means two hours of proctoring, followed by an entire day of grading. Then there are wrap-up meetings and grade inputs and paperwork to finish. Oy.

On top of all this, we received news earlier this week from the head of our department that they're going to be seriously down-sizing due to administrative mumbo jumbo and won't be hiring as many of us as they usually do (for the past two years I've been teaching part-time on a semester-by-semester basis, so it's not a very stable job).

Anyway, they're going to let us know who they're picking to stay in a couple of weeks. Basically, out of 12 people who are working there right now, they're only asking 5 to come back. I don't know how good my chances are, and just in case I submitted my resume to another department in the university, who have told me that they'll get back to me about a potential position at the end of August. This is going to be a stressful summer, that's for sure! Any positive thoughts you guys have handy, please send them my way!

Once the chaos had died down, I managed to stitch another square onto the American Flag Quilt.


This is Montana (which, for some reason, I kept re-checking the spelling of. It looks a little odd when I stitched it up!). The Big Sky State was admitted to the union on November 8, 1889, making it the 41st.


I am positively itching to get to this big pile of Wendy Pampas yarn that I picked up from the post office this week. And now the semester is over, I can play as much as I want! Woohoo!


Huge hugs,

6 comments:

cucki said...

Wow so sweet xxx

Jan said...

Such a shame about the work issue. Not good to be stressed about next semester. Relieve it by more and more stitching. I hope you hear good news soon.

Kaisievic said...

Sarah, good luck with your work. I will send my prayers your way. Montana looks great, by the way.

Linda said...

Another great square Sarah. Sorry about the job. Sending hugs and happy thoughts your way.

Linda

Kerryp77 said...

Oh, Sarah, Sending positive thoughts to you, I know how stressful it can be waiting to hear whether you've fallen victim to a restructure. Montana Looks lovely, I'm glad you managaed to find time to stitch with all what is going on around you. Stitching is great therapy.

ariadne said...

I hope you will keep your job!Here too they are downsizing!AriadnefromGreece!