Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Quilt Square 39

The weather has been so strange lately... By this time, the end of April, we would usually be well into summer weather - overwhelming heat, temperatures in the low 40s-high 30s Celsius, nearly 90% humidity. But this past weekend we had the most bizarre thunderstorm. This is the country where we get rain MAYBE twice a year, usually in December. Not that I'm complaining - it's beautiful and refreshing and I love it. It's just so weird!

Anyway, I got some more stitching done on the American Flag Quilt!


This is Nebraska, the Cornhusker State. This is the 37th state, admitted to the union on March 1, 1867.


Oh my goodness, there was so much backstitching on this square! It took me hours to finish it. That's the one thing about this sampler - as much as I love it, there's an enormous amount of backstitching to do. It is necessary for the design of the squares to pop, though!


The craft fair is in a couple of days! I'm so excited. It's on Friday (our weekend is Friday-Saturday), from noon to 9pm. These next couple of days are going to be busy getting table covers, price tags, receipt books, plastic bags... Whew!

Stitchy kisses,

6 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely new flag sweetie!!! Oooh, finally the fair is coming up!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Do take plenty of pic & let us know how it went... It would be great to find out as you know I'm building up my stock (very slowly) to attend one, so any tips welcomed :D Have a brillian Friday xx

cucki said...

Beautiful new square...
Enjoy the fair..
Big hugs c

Linda said...

Another great square Sarah. Good luck at the craft fair.

Linda

retdairyqueen said...

The flag quilt is looking good

Emma Louise Brown said...

It looks brilliant!

Kaisievic said...

How many more flags do you have to go, Sarah? Have fun at the craft fair - I hope that it all goes really well.