Saturday, September 29, 2012

First 3 Quilt Squares

Finally started the American Flag Quilt! I've made quite a lot of progress on it already.


The first state is Delaware, which was admitted to the union on  December 7, 1787.








The second was Pennsylvania.


The Quaker State became part of the country on  December 12, 1787.


And heeeeeeeerrrrrrrreeeeeeee’s New Jersey!


New Jersey is, surprisingly (at least to me), the third state. The Garden State joined the nation on December 18, 1787.


I’m going to put this piece aside for a while. There’s a danger that I’ll get bored – even though each block is incredibly unique and detailed. I’ll just work on a little piece to take a break and then I’ll get back to it.

See you soon!

4 comments:

Mii Stitch said...

Still great!! I love this design even though I'm not American (French actually)! Wish I could find something similar about UK or France ☺

Samplers, Silks and Linens said...

great progress!

Kerryp77 said...

Hi Sarah, Another gorgeous quilt block. Love the design, Like Mii I wish there was a UK version. Enjoy your break from it and look forward to the next project from you

Lumiruusu said...

Hello sarh !
I just found Your blog via Mii Stitch-blog !

You Have done so many lovely stitchings ,especially I like the "summer "-pattern.

Please excuse me my funny English and very bad grammar!

I live in Finland and we have already had frost on the grass mornings..
I just wonder how different must be the weather at your are...?!!

Maija =( Lumiruusu )
My nickname means "Snowrose"